Monday 7 January 2008

Feliz 2008

Happy New Year to all of you, I hope you all had a great start of 2008.
On my side, I am beginning school again 2day and am just about to recover from a great 2-week holiday with loads of action and laughter.
But did I really have a good start of the New Year? Well, for those who know me quite well, you can be sure that I have some weird things that happened to me…of course!!!!
As it is impossible to write every thing down on this blog, because of the length of the text and because some of the things are simply not writable I just decided to make a list.

So, here we go: Note to myself for a better start of next year:

- Never try to ask a taxi driver for a discount, even when you are totally broke. It could be that you’ll find yourself sitting on the floor of the car (cause apparently the seats have sensors) which is driven by a crazy Russian “taxista”, who thinks that the speed limit in a city is 120 km/h. And all this, just to save 3 pesos.
- Never hail a cab without change, because if the taxi driver is not able to change your 50 pesos, he gets reaaaally mad…oh,yes.
- And for those who thought it was not possible to fall up the stairs…well, you are wrong. “Ariane Superstair” just did it. In one go, I managed to fall two times the way up. And this time I really just had been drinking water.But don’t worry, I didn’t break anything else than the heel of my shoe.
- The expression, “Not today, honey. I have a headache”, is so NOT COOL. This is a note for all the girls … AND the guys!!!!!!! (Please, contact me for in-depth information on that matter, if you’d like ;))
- Before travelling to a destination and spending 14 hours in a bus, consult the weather at that location, you might not be prepared for a Russian winter after a subtropical summer. The south of Argentina is quite near to the Antarctic.And the way back to BA is long and boring.
- Always put on sunscreen, even if you think, you are already tanned. It is quite painful and embarrassing to be at a New Year’s Eve party with half of the face in violet and half of it peeling like mad.
- A guy who never calls is better than a guy who doesn’t know when to stop.
- The saying “it’s not where you are, but with whom you are that counts”, is not always true. Alcohol and fatigue can put a quick ending to any good conversation and or kinky situation…ah, yes…and of course that fucking headache as well.
- Guys are soooo complicated. And yes,Fred, you too!
- Never believe an Israeli who tells you, that Israel is smaller than Luxembourg (he is wrong!!!!)
- Never believe an Argentinean (they are always wrong!)
- If you are able to say three times in a row: “Jugo de naranja, jugo de naranja, jugo de naranja” with the right accent, means that your Spanish is perfect.
I am not even able to do that one time correctly.
- Crocodiles, that eat apples don't exist. (note for cecile)

Yes, yes. Some weird stories for 6 very weird days. This is the craze of Argentina. I think it’s been a long time since I laughed that much; and I somehow have the feeling that there is more to come. I am slightly nervous.

I leave you all here, with this condensed version of my first days of 2008.
The general feeling at the moment: a mix of happiness, embarrassment, hysteria and a bit of doubt.

Cheers,

A.

No comments: